- Nothing to eat or drink 8 hours prior to surgery
- Wear loose-fitting clothing
- Arrange for a ride home after surgery
- Arrive 1 to 2 hours before surgery (depending on surgery)
- Follow the instructions on your physician’s instruction sheet
- Some surgeries require a “pre-surgery” class – check with your doctor
- Some surgeries require donation blood – our office will assist you in making arrangements to donate your own blood prior to the surgery should you choose to do so.
- Post-Op Information
- Be prepared to pay any applicable insurance, copays, or co-insurance amounts in full
Read the instructions and information packet given to you from the hospital or surgery center.
Depending on your surgery, you may need postoperative physical therapy. If your surgery is outpatient, your physician’s assistant will assist in obtaining the necessary referral and authorization for outpatient physical therapy. If your surgery is inpatient, the discharge planner at the hospital will assist you in making arrangements for outpatient or in-home physical therapy before you are discharged.